(This book cannot be returned.)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Emily Windsnap series.
- #2: Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Prebound): $17.80
- #3: Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Prebound): $17.80
- #4: Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Prebound): $17.80
- #5: Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun (Prebound): $17.80
- #6: Emily Windsnap and the Ship of Lost Souls (Paperback): $6.99
- #7: Emily Windsnap and the Falls of Forgotten Island (Paperback): $6.99
- #8: Emily Windsnap and the Pirate Prince (Hardcover): $15.99
- #9: Emily Windsnap and the Tides of Time (Hardcover): $16.99
A young girl learns she's half mermaid and plunges into a scheme to reunite with her father in this entrancing, satisfying tale that beckons readers far below the waves.
For as long as she can remember, twelve-year-old Emily Windsnap has lived on a boat. And, oddly enough, for just as long, her mother has seemed anxious to keep Emily away from the water. But when Mom finally agrees to let her take swimming lessons, Emily makes a startling discovery -- about her own identity, the mysterious father she's never met, and the thrilling possibilities and perils shimmering deep below the water's surface. With a sure sense of suspense and richly imaginative details, first-time author Liz Kessler lures us into a glorious undersea world where mermaids study shipwrecks at school and Neptune rules with an iron trident -- an enchanting fantasy about family secrets, loyal friendship, and the convention-defying power of love.
About the Author
Liz Kessler lives on a canal boat in rural Cheshire, England, and has worked as a teacher, journalist, and editorial consultant. She says she first knew she wanted to become a writer at the age of nine, when she had a poem published in a local newspaper. THE TAIL OF EMILY WINDSNAP, her first children's book, grew out of a poem she wrote about a mermaid. "From the Hardcover edition."