Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Judy Moody series.
- #1: Judy Moody and Stink: The Holly Joliday (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Judy Moody and Friends: Amy Namey in Ace Reporter (Paperback): $4.99
- #4: Judy Moody Predicts the Future (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Judy Moody Declares Independence (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Judy Moody: Around the World in 8 1/2 Days (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Judy Moody Goes to College (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: Judy Moody and Friends: Judy Moody, Tooth Fairy (Paperback): $4.99
- #10: Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: Judy Moody and Friends: Prank You Very Much (Paperback): $4.99
- #13: Judy Moody and the Bucket List (Hardcover): $15.99
- #14: Judy Moody and the Right Royal Tea Party (Hardcover): $15.99
- #15: Judy Moody, Book Quiz Whiz (Hardcover): $15.99
"As always, there are facts to be learned and loads of puns and playful language to entertain readers. This is another winner, ‘for real and absolute positive.’" — SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL
She took her own temperature. With the fancy thermometer that beeped. It was not normal. It was not 98.6. Judy’s temperature was 188.8! Judy’s temperature was 00.0! Judy’s temperature was beep-beep-beep-beep-beep. She, Judy Moody, had the temperature of an outer-space alien!
Judy Moody has a mood for every occasion, and now, she is in a medical mood! It’s no secret that Judy wants to be like Elizabeth Blackwell, first woman doctor, when she grows up. So when Class 3T starts to study the Amazing Human Body, Judy can hardly wait to begin her better-than-best-ever third-grade projects: show-and-tell with something way rarer than a scab, a real-live ooey-gooey operation, and a cloning experiment that may create double trouble for Judy and her friends. RARE!
About the Author
Megan McDonald is the author of the award-winning JUDY MOODY, JUDY MOODY GETS FAMOUS!, JUDY MOODY SAVES THE WORLD!, and JUDY MOODY PREDICTS THE FUTURE. Of the inspiration for this book, she says, "Just before writing JUDY MOODY, M.D., I met a class of third graders trying to clone their class pet — a guinea pig. Another class had a skeleton named George. Then imagine my surprise when I learned of medical school students who practice their stitches and perform 'operations' on zucchinis! I just knew Judy Moody had to be in a 'Judy Moody, First Girl Doctor' mood."
Peter H. Reynolds is the illustrator of all five Judy Moody books. Of this book, he says, "I realized that I have come to know Judy and her family and friends so well that the art poured from my pencil. JUDY MOODY, M.D. resonated with me deeply. Judy's vision of using her talents to heal others sends a valuable message. I am always excited to see people dreaming big about their futures — especially third graders!"
[McDonald] finds ample comedy in the way children mishear words and mangle information [and] Reynolds' buoyant sketches depict Judy's ups and downs in this fifth book of a series that proves laughter can be contagious.
Brings back the irrepressible heroine as her class studies the human body.
The author's humor and language are right on target. . . . As always, there are facts to be learned and loads of puns and playful language to entertain readers. This is another winner.
—School Library Journal