Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Emily Windsnap series.
- #2: Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Paperback): $6.99
- #3: Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Emily Windsnap and the Ship of Lost Souls (Paperback): $6.99
- #7: Emily Windsnap and the Falls of Forgotten Island (Paperback): $6.99
- #8: Emily Windsnap and the Pirate Prince (Hardcover): $15.99
- #9: Emily Windsnap and the Tides of Time (Hardcover): $16.99
The New York Times best-selling series
With a sure sense of suspense and richly imaginative details, Liz Kessler lures us into a glorious undersea world where mermaids study shipwrecks at school and Neptune rules with an iron trident — an enchanting fantasy about family secrets, loyal friendship, and the convention-defying power of love.
About the Author
Liz Kessler lives in England, and has worked as a teacher, journalist, and editorial consultant. She says she first knew she wanted to become a writer at the age of nine, when she had a poem published in a local newspaper. The Tail of Emily Windsnap, her first children’s book, grew out of a poem she wrote about a mermaid.
Pre-teen girls will likely bite at this novel's tempting bait.
—School Library Journal
Light, imagination-tickling fare ideal for middle-grade girls, with charming ink-wash illustrations scattered throughout.
Middle school girls . . . will enjoy the tale.
There is no denying the siren-like allure of mermaid stories. . . . Gibb's spot art has a fluid delicacy that adds much to the watery ambience.
—Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
Liz Kessler makes a splash with this tightly written, highly imaginative debut.
—The Wall Street Journal
Liz Kessler creates an engaging heroine, full of funny asides and derring-do, and a sparkling, fast-paced story with more plot twists than a mermaid's flipping tale.