Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Judy Moody and Friends series.
- #2: Judy Moody and Friends: Rocky Zang in The Amazing Mr. Magic (Paperback): $4.99
- #3: Judy Moody and Friends: Amy Namey in Ace Reporter (Hardcover): $12.99
- #4: Judy Moody and Friends: Frank Pearl in The Awful Waffle Kerfuffle (Paperback): $4.99
- #5: Judy Moody and Friends: Stink Moody in Master of Disaster (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Judy Moody and Friends: Triple Pet Trouble (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Judy Moody and Friends: Mrs. Moody in The Birthday Jinx (Paperback): $4.99
- #8: April Fools', Mr. Todd! (Judy Moody and Friends #8) (Paperback): $4.99
- #9: Judy Moody and Friends: Judy Moody, Tooth Fairy (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Judy Moody and Friends: Not-So-Lucky Lefty (Paperback): $4.99
- #11: Judy Moody and Friends: Searching for Stinkodon (Paperback): $4.99
- #12: Judy Moody and Friends: Prank You Very Much (Paperback): $5.99
- #13: Judy Moody and Friends: Judy Moody and the Missing Mood Ring (Paperback): $4.99
- #14: Judy Moody and Friends: Izzy Azumi, F.D.O. (Future Dog Owner) (Hardcover): $14.99
Pee! Gee! Wee! Gee! What’s that sound?
With her birthday coming up, Jessica hopes that, just maybe, her present will be a real-live potbellied pig. Jessica can hardly wait for her party with Judy Moody and all their friends. But Judy Moody is acting like a pig-head, and Jessica UN-invites her from the party. To make matters worse, Jessica has snooped around the house and has found zero sign of a pig present. Could her birthday be any more of a disaster? Geared to newly independent readers, this story will have Judy Moody fans in pig heaven.
About the Author
Megan McDonald is the creator of the popular and award-winning Judy Moody and Stink series. She is also the author of three Sisters Club stories, two stories about Ant and Honey Bee, and many other books for children. She lives in Sebastopol, California.
Erwin Madrid has worked as a visual development artist for the Shrek franchise and Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. The illustrator of The Scary Places Map Book by B. G. Hennessy, Erwin Madrid lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Told in only three chapters, this book makes the perfect transition for readers that are beyond easy readers but not quite ready for chapter books. The bright illustrations add more expressiveness to the story and will further engage readers. Fans of Kate DiCamillo’s mischievous pig Mercy Watson will also like this.
McDonald gives emerging readers their own series that offers the same realism and zany humor as her previous “Judy Moody” books. Madrid’s digital illustrations are clearly based on those created by Peter H. Reynolds; they are in full color and in great abundance, which helps support and engage brand new readers. ... This new series will be a welcome addition to the library and a great stepping stone to McDonald’s original chapter book series.
—School Library Journal