Puberty is an exciting yet challenging time for every girl. Respecting the universal yet unique experience of puberty for every girl, this book shares important medical facts related to puberty and offers trusted advice about your most pressing questions about growing up. No more wondering "is THAT normal?" Flip open this book for:
- Dr. H's wisdom, thoughts, ideas, and encouragement related to each topic on puberty
- Vignettes and quotes from real girls that include helpful ideas, encouraging thoughts and experiences, and their feelings related to puberty
- Parent perspectives regarding their experience, challenges, and feelings about their daughters going through puberty
- Fun facts and interactive activities related to body, mind, and health to make the information you are reading a part of your daily experience
- Quick quizzes and engaging illustrations to help you remember important information discussed in each chapter
From personal hygiene to healthy eating to mood swings, this must-have guide book will help you understand all of the changes happening to your body, mind, health, and emotions.
About the Author
Ruth J. Hickman, MD, is a health and medical writer. She graduated from Indiana University Medical School, where she developed a passion for patient education. Her training as a medical physician makes her well suited to presenting medical topics to a lay audience in a way that is both easy to comprehend and accurate.