Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Sew Zoey series.
- #1: Ready to Wear (Sew Zoey #1) (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: On Pins and Needles (Sew Zoey #2) (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Stitches and Stones (Sew Zoey #4) (Paperback): $5.99
- #5: Cute as a Button (Sew Zoey #5) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #6: A Tangled Thread (Sew Zoey #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Knot Too Shabby! (Sew Zoey #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Swatch Out! (Sew Zoey #8) (Paperback): $5.99
- #9: A Change of Lace (Sew Zoey #9) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #10: Bursting at the Seams (Sew Zoey #10) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #11: Clothes Minded (Sew Zoey #11) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #12: Dressed to Frill (Sew Zoey #12) (Paperback): $6.99
- #13: Sewing in Circles (Sew Zoey #13) (Paperback): $6.99
- #14: Cut from the Same Cloth (Sew Zoey #14) (Paperback): Email or call for price
Can Zoey dazzle at the school dance AND as a guest judge on her favorite reality show? Includes “Sew Zoey” blog posts and fashion illustrations!
Zoey’s school is having a dance, and everyone is talking about whom to ask (and what to wear!). Zoey gets to work sewing special dresses for her friends Kate and Priti, and the girls make a pact to ask their crushes. Things seem all zipped up…until Zoey gets a phone call from her favorite reality show, Fashion Showdown! The producer is a fan of the Sew Zoey blog and wants Zoey to be a guest judge on an upcoming episode. It’s shaping up to be a fashion fairy tale, but then reality hits: the reality TV show taping is on the same day as the school dance! What will Zoey choose, the dance or the dream?
About the Author
Chloe Taylor learned to sew when she was a little girl. She loved watching her Grandmother Louise turn a scrap of blue fabric into a simple-but-fabulous dress, nightgown, or even a bathing suit in an instant. It was magical! Now that she’s grown up, she still loves fashion: It’s like art that you can wear. Chloe has written more than thirty books for children and lives, writes, and window shops in New York City.
Nancy Zhang is an illustrator and an art and fashion lover with a passion for all beautiful things. She has published her work in the art books L’Oiseau Rouge and Street Impressions and in various fashion magazines and on websites. Visit her at Nancy-Zhang.com. She lives in Berlin, Germany.
"[Zoey's] upbeat personality and determination to be herself and pursue her dreams—with the support of friends and family—is refreshing."
"Most novels about fashion end up being more about little divas than about the clothing; this is an exception. This story celebrates the rewards of personal creativity and risks of self-expression. . . . This book will appeal to a middle-grade crowd that isn’t into vampires and dystopias, as well as to those who create art with their hands."
— Kirkus Reviews
"An aspiring fashion designer is the affable heroine of this first book in the Sew Zoey series. . . . In a smoothly written story of overcoming challenges with ingenuity and style, Taylor shows a knack for characterization and dialogue, and her detailed descriptions of Zoey’s designs will entice young fashionistas."
— Publishers Weekly
"Zoey Webber is a funky fashionista stuck in a gray-polyester-uniform world. The first book in a delightful new series, this will appeal to any girl finding her own style. Zoey is a bubbly and vivacious character who doesn’t let insecurities take command."
"The characters are enjoyable and well developed, and the plot is humorous and entertaining. The black-and-white drawings that open each chapter add a bit of fashion flair. With a touching ending that will leave readers with a warm, fuzzy feeling, this novel will appeal to young fashionistas."
— School Library Journal