Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Magical Creatures and Crafts series.
- #1: How to Trap a Leprechaun (Magical Creatures and Crafts #1) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #2: How to Track an Easter Bunny (Magical Creatures and Crafts #2) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #3: How to Trick a Christmas Elf (Magical Creatures and Crafts #3) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #4: How to Find a Unicorn (Magical Creatures and Crafts #4) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #5: How to Meet a Mermaid (Magical Creatures and Crafts #5) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #7: How to Help a Cupid (Magical Creatures and Crafts #7) (Hardcover): $16.99
Thanksgiving is all about showing kindness and gratitude to everyone you love—and if you're careful and clever, you can help a turkey friend find his own family, too!
Will you meet a turkey this Thanksgiving? If you do, will you be ready to help hide him as a special pet until he can find his flock again? By being helpful, friendly, and smart, you can help your new turkey friend get back to his family in the wild by disguising him as you search!
So, grab some supplies—scissors, colored paper, glue, and and string—and get ready to make a mask to keep your turkey friend safe. Then be you can work together to hide him until he can find his family flock!
Sue Fliess’s poetic read-aloud text and Simona Sanfilippo’s vibrant, whimsical illustrations will provide joy for young readers eager to make a turkey friend (and disguise)! Also included are guides for teachers and parents about how to engage children in making turkey masks, learning about the history of Thanksgiving and facts about turkeys, and the value of friendship and family on this special day of gratitude.
About the Author
Sue Fliess has contributed articles to O, the Oprah Magazine, Huffington Post, Education.com, TravelMuse.com, Bay Area Parent, Writer’s Digest, and more, and is the author of more than a dozen picture books. When she’s not writing, she is busy with her two young boys and loves to travel. She lives with her husband, kids, and a smart English Labrador pup named Charlie in Ashburn, Virginia.