Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
- #68: Genius, Times Four: Scientists and Mathematicians Who Fought Disease, Stopped Time, and Opened New Worlds (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #68) (CD-Audio): $14.95
- #69: My Father's Dragon (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #69) (CD-Audio): $14.95
- #70: Jim Weiss Curious Creatures Bundle: My Father?s Dragon; The Reluctant Dragon; Just So Stories & Animal Tales (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #70) (CD-Audio): $59.90
- #71: Jim Weiss Great Women and Men Bundle: Galileo and the Stargazers; Swordsmen, Saints, and Scholars;Genius, Times Four & I Said I Could and I Did (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #71) (CD-Audio): $59.90
- #72: King Arthur and His Knights Bundle: Audiobook and Companion Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #72) (Mixed media product): $34.90
- #73: American Tall Tales Bundle: Audiobook & Companion Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #73) (Mixed media product): $34.90
- #74: Heroes, Horses, and Harvest Moons Bundle: Audiobook & Illustrated Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #74) (Mixed media product): $36.90
Timeless wisdom drawn from 3,000 years of accumulated experience offers hope, insight and inspiration to listeners of all ages.
These true stories of great individuals include Raphael, Michelangelo, Diogenes, Alexander the Great, King Solomon, Jesus' The Good Samaritan, Beatrix Potter, Satchel Paige, and more.
- An Empty Cup: A Story from Japan (1890)
- The Eye of the Beholder: Raphael and Michelangelo (Italy, 1515)
- Diogenes, The Man Who Had Everything (Greece, 400 B.C.)
- Alexander the Great and Diogenes (Greece, 330 B.C.)
- The Gates of Heaven: A Tale from Japan (1750)
- The Beggar and the Baker: A Story of King Solomon (Israel, 1000 B.C.)
- The Good Samaritan: A Story Told by Jesus (1st Century)
- The Tale of Beatrix Potter (England, 1900)
- Satchel Paige, The Philosopher of the Baseball Diamond (USA, 1930)
About the Author
In 1989, Jim Weiss set out on a mission: to record the greatest stories he knew from world literature and history, and inspire families -- especially young listeners -- with a passionate love of the original classics. In the three decades since then, Jim's narration voice and seemingly numberless character voices have formed foundational entertainment and education for millions of listeners around the world.
Winning hundreds of awards, Jim’s recordings range on the literary side from fairy tales through stories from Shakespeare, Dickens and Conan Doyle, while his history recordings bring to vivid life major historical events and personalities from the ancient world through the twentieth century.
The inspiration for all this began early, with parents and grandparents who told stories and read aloud to him, skills which Jim joyously acquired, and which led him to a degree in Communications and Speech from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Later, his wife, Randy, earned her own national awards as a teacher and counselor, and their shared passion for learning led to forming their company in 1989, long before the explosion of spoken word recordings made this a "sensible" decision. The recordings began winning listeners and national awards from the first. A few years ago, the Weiss's licensed their recordings and business operations to Well-Trained Mind Press, which has successfully introduced Jim's work into still more markets, while Jim continues to write, record, teach and perform.