Other Books in Series
- #1: Mysterious Abductions (Nocturnals #1) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #2: Ominous Eye (Nocturnals #2) (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #3: The Fallen Star: The Nocturnals Book 3 (Hardcover): $15.99
- #4: The Hidden Kingdom: The Nocturnals Book 4 (Hardcover): $15.99
Explore Unique Nocturnal Animal Adaptations & Fun Facts with The Nocturnals!
Great Middle Grade Nonfiction for Kids Ages 9–12 with 150 Full-Color Photos.
Connect kids to the science in The Nocturnals middle grade fiction series by Tracey Hecht! Discover the special adaptations that help nocturnal animals succeed in the dark and investigate conservation efforts for these incredible species. The book includes over 150 full-color photographs of animals.
Using fun facts and a narrative from the adventurous Nocturnals characters—Dawn the fox, Tobin the pangolin, and Bismark the sugar glider—this companion nonfiction book takes the reader around the world and investigates the adaptations of nighttime animals to their natural habitats.
Inside You’ll Find:
- Animals from around the world: red foxes, pangolins, sugar gliders, wombats, woylies, bandicoots, owls, crocodiles, kiwis, tuataras, aye-ayes, jerboas, bats, vipers, coyotes, and more!
- Night Notes & Fun Facts
- Nocturnal Feature Icon Key
- Animal Glossary with full-color photos
- Word Glossary to build STEM vocabulary
- At-Home Science Resources
Fountas & Pinnell: S
Perfect for the school, classroom, or library! The world of The Nocturnals goes beyond the books: our website features fun printable activities for parents or caregivers and their children as well as Common Core Language Arts and Next Generation Science guides for teachers and librarians to support the book program.
About the Author
Tracey Hecht is a writer and entrepreneur who created The Nocturnals, the critically acclaimed middle grade and early reader series. The American Booksellers Association chose her first book, The Nocturnals: The Mysterious Abductions, as a Kids’ Indie Next List pick. In addition, her Grow & Read early reader book, The Chestnut Challenge, was given a Mom’s Choice Gold Award. With the New York Public Library, she has also created a Read Aloud Writing Program that has since been conducted in hundreds of schools, libraries, and bookstores. Other books in the Nocturnals middle grade series include The Ominous Eye, The Fallen Star, and The Hidden Kingdom. Tracey currently splits her time between New York City and Oquossoc, Maine, with her husband and four children.